Clothing and Uniform
- School uniform is compulsory for all children in school starting in Reception. We encourage Nursery children to wear a school uniform as it helps them to feel part of the whole school.
- Shoes should be black in line with the whole school policy. Trainers are not to be worn.
- School colours are a royal blue sweatshirt, cardigan or jumper, a red polo shirt, a black or grey skirt / pinafore dress or trousers.
- A blue gingham dress may be worn during warmer weather (white socks are allowed with summer dresses)
- Socks/tights are to be plain/dark.
- PE Kit - Children in Reception may purchase a new PE Kit designed for Throston School. Alternatively, children may wear black shorts, white T-Shirt and plimsoles.
- Sweatshirts, polo-shirts, fleeces and additional items such as caps with the school motif can be ordered through the school office.
- Jewellery is not to be worn at school. A simple stud earring may be worn but must be removed for P.E. Watches are allowed but it should be a simple design.
- Clothes should be easy for your child to manage when he/she visits the toilet.
The school will not accept responsibility for items going missing. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE name all of your child’s clothing – then it can be returned if it gets misplaced.