Emergency Weather Plan (EWP)
At Throston Primary School we have a EWP, this is employed when it is not safe to access the school
playgrounds due to inclement weather. The plan allows us to keep the school open and reduce the risk of
accidents due to weather conditions such as snow and ice. Parents will be notified if the EWP is in operation via text. The EWP is as follows:
Access to School:
- Access arrangements for Foundation Stage children are unaffected.
- Key Stage 1 children will enter via the main school entrance from 8.50am.
- Key Stage 2 children will enter via the breakfast and after school club entrance (near the pupil kitchen) from 8.50am.
- Collection arrangements for Foundation Stage children are unaffected.
- Key Stage 1 and 2 parents are asked to enter via the main entrance (from 3.10pm) to collect their children. Children will be made ready for collection in the school hall. ALL parents will exit via the breakfast and after school club entrance.