Jubilee Special 2022
In the Hartlepool Mail: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/people/hartlepool-schools-come-together-at-parade-to-mark-queens-platinum-jubilee-3710782?fbclid=IwAR0YvnxaitfHl7Zja9urKSqarIcZe3R0LkPMqFHIH4nNyZnhnzqOow49Vyg
See all our Jubilee Movies: https://throston-primary-school.primarysite.media/playlist/platinum-jubilee-2022
24/05/2022: In the Hartlepool Mail: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/people/pupils-to-turn-into-royalty-for-a-day-as-they-mark-platinum-jubilee-with-parade-3705667
Dear Parents and Carers, below you will see the plans for our Jubilee Week (Monday 23rd May 2022 to Thursday 26th May 2022):
Monday 23rd May 2022 to Wednesday 25th May 2022:
Classes will be involved in Jubilee Activities within the classroom. Some classes will visit Springwell and sometimes children from Springwell will visit us. Individual class teachers can provide more details of when this will happen. In After School Club on the Wednesday, there will be many Jubilee crafts and a Royal Tea Party. In Breakfast Club, on the Thursday there will be a Jubilee Royal Breakfast. Please book your place via the school office.
Thursday 26th May 2022 - Jubilee Day @ Throston Primary School.
1) Children can come to school in non-uniform and wear red, white or blue (or all three). Children can also wear any Platinum Jubilee merchandise, dress in clothing from their decade or clothing linked to their allocated geographical area as shown in the table below. Please remember there is no need to go out and spend money, we just want children to enjoy the day!
2) At 10.00am the Royal Parade will take place. Springwell School (who will be the Royal Family) will process to our school. Our school (representing the seven decades) will cheer them on as they make their way to our school hall. Unfortunately, due to high numbers parents and carers will be unable to come into the school, but can of course watch from Torbay Grove, bring your flag!
Once the children are in the hall we will sing a few songs including the National Anthem. Children are busy learning the words and the accompanying sign language. You can help the children rehearse via this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYmMgL98ts
3) Children will then enjoy lunch, those on school meals will have a Jubilee themed lunch.
4) At 1.00pm children will assemble on the school playground to make a large 70 using Roman Numerals. We will then commence our Royal Tea Party. Hopefully, the weather will be kind to us and children can enjoy Royal related snacks on the field. The snack will include sweets, crisps, a jam tart, a drink and strawberries and cream.
5) At 2.30pm (until 3.30pm) we will open the school gates, and encourage parents and carers to come into school and visit our Jubilee Stalls (once they collect their children). Each year group will be selling Jubilee related items, to see which class can make the largest profit. We will also have have some fun stalls with Jubilee activities. All the stalls will be on the Key Stage 2 playground that has the basketball hoops. If it rains, we will move the stalls inside. All the money raised will go towards the items the school has purchased for our children to remember the Platinum Jubilee. Please bring lots of change.
Items that the children will receive include: a commemorative coin, a bespoke mug with your child's depiction of the Queen, a snap-band and a badge. We understand that some parents and carers may not be able to visit the stalls, due to other commitments, so therefore Miss Hatfield will send out a link where you can make a £3 voluntary contribution if you wish to donate. Thank you in advance. As always, all money raised gets spent on your children.
Additional activities in addition to 'My Money Week' stalls (50p each):
Take your picture with the Queen, whilst pretending to be a soldier.
'Pin the tail on the Corgi'.
Penalty Royal Football.
Staff in Stocks (Mr. Atkinson, Mr. McMorris and and Mr. Molyneux).
JUBILEE T-SHIRTS 2022
One of our parents is creating bespoke t-shirts for the Jubilee (Mrs. Donna Kerr). You can contact her via Facebook Messenger or via text (075 4522 1119).
T-shirts cost £8, with £1 going towards school funds. If ordering please mention the school, so the £1 is donated. Thank you.
Jubilee inspired artwork to go on show in Hartlepool
Artwork created by Hartlepool schoolchildren is about to go on show in the run up to The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
The work by children from a number of Hartlepool primary and secondary schools will be on display at Middleton Grange Shopping Centre from Tuesday 24th May 2022 until Tuesday 31st May 2022.
But the artwork will be displayed with a difference, it will be shown on a huge six metre high digital picture frame outside the B&M store.
Denise McGuckin, Hartlepool Borough Council Managing Director, said: “We’re delighted to have teamed up with Middleton Grange Shopping Centre and Artistic Solutions Ltd on this exciting jubilee project.
“When we asked our schools to submit jubilee inspired artwork earlier this year, we were amazed by the quality and volume of work and we can’t wait to see it displayed in ultra-high-definition.”
Mark Rycraft, Centre Manager at Middleton Grange, added: “We were thrilled when the Council approached us to ask if they could display artwork by Hartlepool schoolchildren in such an innovative and exciting way.
“The quality of the work is absolutely amazing and to see it in such a large scale will be truly fantastic.”
Daniel Brobbel of Artistic Solutions said: “The digital frame will be six-metres high by three-metres across and we believe it will be the largest frame the UK has ever seen.
“It’s been such a pleasure digitalising these amazing pictures and I’m sure people will love seeing them at Middleton Grange.”
The artwork will be on show from 9am on Tuesday 24th May 2022 until 5:30pm on Tuesday 31st May 2022.
To find out about other events and activities happening in Hartlepool to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, visit www.hartlepool.gov.uk/queens-platinum-jubilee